Job title: Care Coordination Services Consultant
Company: Boys Town
Job description: Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Care Coordination Services Consultant, you will help families find life-changing solutions. This includes advocating for a family in school meetings or court hearings, as well as teaching parents to be independent and advocate for their own children. The Care Coordination Services Consultant provides intensive and professional case management services to youth utilizing a strength-based and comprehensive model. This position also links children and families to resources and supports, monitors the services, actively advocates for children and families, and assists them in navigating through various systems of care.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with families and with community resources, including medical, mental health, and substance abuse professionals, child welfare personnel, Juvenile Justice personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives.
- Providing assessment to determine program eligibility, problem areas and areas of strength.
- Maintaining current knowledge of available formal services, resources, and supports in the local community. Identifying needed services and linking youth to services.
- Identifying informal supports and assisting youth and family members to access these supports.
- Monitoring linked services, resources and supports in order to ensure quality of care.
- Acting as a youth and family advocate and empowering youth and family members to advocate for themselves in the community.
- Assisting youth and family members in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Preparing and submitting reports concerning caseload status, budget requests, and changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
- Reporting any critical incidents involving youth, family members, or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Preparing proper documentation including case notes, assessments, service plans, outcome measures, narratives, and reports in a timely manner as defined by the program.
- Ensuring compliance with all contractual, regulatory, program, and accrediting body standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services
- 2 to 3 of years in case management working with children and families; Boys Town program experience is preferred.
- Early Head Start experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit-funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
About Boys Town Louisiana:
Boys Town Louisiana touches the lives of 7,600 children and families each year through a variety of child and family services. New Orleans is a city famous for letting the good times roll, but the good times aren’t always rollin’ for everyone. We see children and families every day that have been hit hard by social and economic problems. As a part of our organization, you can make all the difference to those in the greatest need.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Louisiana. Our work culture thrives off celebrating our employees and our relationship with the New Orleans community whether it be coming together for a Bowl-A-Palooza Event or an all-staff crawfish boil. Working at Boys Town Louisiana is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 16, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:56:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!