Job title: Business Intelligence Engineer II, Fulfillment by Amazon
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique products providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics and Apparel to Consumables and beyond. Fulfillment By Amazon enables Sellers to provide fast and efficient deliver to their customers using Amazon fulfillment services and now make up the majority of the business on Amazon.com. As mentioned by Jeff Bezos in his annual letter to shareholders, FBA is one of the strategic long term opportunities for the company to improve the lives of Sellers and Buyers while leveraging our billion-dollar logistics infrastructure to generate increasing free cash flow and triple digit return on invested capital. Our long term vision is that customers can order and receive a Seller’s product the same day anywhere in the world.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, on the FBA Inventory Optimization team, you will need to have strong technical acumen and experience in developing reporting infrastructures and flexible front-end tools. You will conduct deep dive analyses of business growth opportunities and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership. You will also be responsible for producing written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape effective strategies to better meet our customers’ needs. We are looking for people with strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You will need to understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
Key job responsibilities
· Develop new and innovative analyses to inform the Inventory products and business strategies. This analysis will determine approach and roadmap for key strategic initiatives.
· Analyze relevant business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
· Establish new, scalable, efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting on progress of initiatives.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis; data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and process audits
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how and which to use and which not to use
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· 3+ years analyzing and interpreting data and experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
· Experience in writing complex SQL queries
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· 3+ years hands on analytics work experience with proven quantitative orientation.
· Bachelor’s degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Excellent working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using complex SQL.
· Strong skills in Excel as well as other data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Power BI etc.
· Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems by managing or guiding technical teams with tools such as Tableau or QuickSight.
· Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps.
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline.
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.).
· Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
· Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems.
· Experience with machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 05:37:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!