Job title: Business Immigration Consultant
Job description: Job Description
Fragomen’s Business Immigration Consultant position, formerly our Paralegal role, gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on immigration means you will work in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Business Immigration Consultants learn from the industry’s leading experts. Our firm commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff. Providing world class client service and industry leading technology solutions, Fragomen helps our clients to navigate the complex world of global immigration to better achieve their goals.
As a Business Immigration Consultant, you will:
- Perform more substantive and client facing work than is typical for a Paralegal in a law firm setting including varied case related duties requiring specialized knowledge and skills in employment-based immigration matters
- Be fluent with case management and other reporting tools and technologies used to manage data and information
- Recommend solutions and process improvement to clients
- Works with moderate supervision and guidance and be accountable for your individual results and their impact on your team
- Work with clients to perform intake of cases, troubleshooting issues and establishing case strategy
- Analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency
- Draft petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues
- Assist with the review of cases
- Review and approve client billing under supervision of partner or attorney
- Prioritize and assign cases, monitor workload and production.
- Oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems
- Run reports as needed
- Work closely in team environment and provide updates while building knowledge of firm and client processes.
- Receive continuous training and development on requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members and identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects
Let’s talk if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, associate degree or Paralegal Certification
- At least 4 years of business immigration experience (i.e. paralegal)
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- A client service mindset, attention to detail and desire to achieve a high level of productivity
- Experience using various computer systems, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and escalate case issues to supervisor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment, effectively collaborate and promote teamwork
Fragomen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, heritage, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 06:26:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!