Job title: Asst Catering Director
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION::
Working with the deli/bistro department manager and executive chef, the assistant catering director will effectively direct and oversee all catering functions including the planning of events, the ordering and preparation of beverages and foods, the presentation of those foods and beverages to the client and the overseeing of catering event food service and servers; to achieve the sales and customer service goals established by the department.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Facilitate catered events from their beginning to a happy conclusion.
- Works with the executive chef on menu planning and facilitating the production of catering menus to ensure profitability and company standards.
- Planning, developing and presenting various catering menus, using a great deal of expertise and creativity.
- Meeting various catering requests or our many diverse customers.
- Demonstrating excellent communications and salesmanship skills with clients and vendors.
- Maintaining open communication with all members of the deli/bistro department, catering department, deli/bistro department manager, and executive chef.
- Ensuring compliance with all state, county and local health department and weights and measures policies, laws and requirements.
- Controlling food cost control shrink by monitoring production and implementing reworks.
Perform other duties and assignments as directed. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Possess and use keen sense of taste and smell.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Lead others within the bistro/catering department, following and setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for their performance.
- Work quickly and efficiently, often with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of food and drink items.
- Prepare a wide variety of food and catering items, including wines, appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
- Have a knowledge of the tools and equipment used to create catering menu items,
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to safely prepare menu items, fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including knives, ovens, mixers, blenders, burners, scales, slicers and etc.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 20 – 30 lbs..
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs and break down large and very heavy pallet loads of cases, boxes and bags.
- Work in walk-in refrigerated coolers and in the proximity of hot ovens and stoves.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills that allow one to multitask many items simultaneously.
- Travel to and from off-site catering events.
- Experiment with new trends in menu items and recipes.
- Possess exceptional food presentation skills;
- Be alert, cautious, and safe when operating all deli/bistro equipment, including meat and cheese slicers, deep fryers, knives, rotisserie, ovens, stove, pizza oven, sanitation equipment and safety equipment.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 07:48:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!