Job title: Advocacy and Communications Volunteer
Company: Save the Children
Job description: CHILD SAFEGUARDING:
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
In the face of inexorable population growth, urbanization, and economic development, there is a pressing need to increase dialogue and awareness regarding the environment. The Zero Waste Eco Festival seeks to tackle the desensitization associated with urban lifestyles by showcasing sustainable products, designs, and ideas that have the potential to mobilize individuals with regards to climate change and the environment at large.
This includes companies working on sustainable technology; organic and local farmers working with sustainable practices; and members from the civil society and academia that can stimulate dialogue and debate about the environment. Accordingly, the festival will be powered by renewable energy, waste will be recycled and composted, and water will be filtered at the venue.
The event seeks to create an immersive experience where attendees partake in sustainable practices that reduce their individual ecological footprints. The event will bring people together in nature to enjoy live music, interactive workshops, and climate charged discussions. Attendees will participate in activities such as waste management, energy production, and environment themed competitions.
We believe that such a simulation that enables individuals to experience what it means to lead an environmentally conscious lifestyle has the power to strengthen civic responsibility and incite changes in thinking patterns and consumer behavior at an individual level. This is particularly critical for the youth in Pakistan to engage them in new forms of action and activism that can generate effective responses to ecological challenges.
Advocacy and Communications Volunteer will support the organization and implementation of the Zero Waste Eco Festival. The position holder will provide support to the communications team in content development and coordination for the project.**
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: * Support the communications team in development of content, i.e. concept notes, emails, invitations, competition guidelines, panel discussions, and interactive workshops for the Festival;
- Assist in coordination with Event Management Company to ensure effective implementation and compliance with TORs and smooth execution of the Festival;
- Assist in coordination with NGOs, Green Companies, Local Vendors/ Farmers, Government Organizations, Panelists, Schools and Universities for the Festival;
- Assist in content development, design, and marketing of event promotion materials i.e. social media posts, website content, press releases for the Festival and other projects/activities;
- Identify and coordinate with a group of youth volunteers to help organize the event and ensure zero waste guidelines are followed.
- Provide support to Advocacy & Communications team in any other ongoing projects and activities, as & when needed.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Area of interest in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or a relevant area of study.
- Enrolled in Undergraduate programs, or has Undergraduate university degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or a related relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Essential: Exceptional oral and written communication skills, good computer skills (MS Office), fluency in English and Urdu, basic graphic design and social media skills, good organization and coordination skills.
- Desirable: Well informed about the environment and climate change related issues.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Job date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 22:47:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!