Job title: ACCESS CONTROL/ CCTV SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Company: ACE Technologies, LLC
Job description: Description
Are you looking for a career, not just a job? Look no further as Ace Technologies, LLC is the place for you! Ace Technologies is a full service integrator. While our roots are in industrial controls, Ace Technologies has grown into Video Surveillance, Fire Alarm and Mass Notification, Telecom and Networking, and Audio Visual and Aerial Survey and Photography just to name a few. As technology constantly evolves, so do we. Ace Technologies stays on the cutting edge of business technology. Our history of safety and quality has been established through years of successful projects and satisfied customers. Ace Technologies is growing bigger in business each year and has no signs of slowing down!
The Access Control/CCTV Service Technician s role is to install, repair, and program physical security systems, Internet/Network Connectivity related to those systems, diagnose and repair onsite hardware and software involving Access Control Systems, Video Systems (analog and IP), Security Alarm Systems and other low voltage electronics.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Electrical background and knowledge of Electronic Equipment.
- Low voltage background to include relays, loops, and inputs/outputs.
- Successful experience with complex electronic security systems installations.
- Diagnose and repair systems at the customers location in an efficient and timely manner
- Customer networking and access control experience (minimum one year)
- Experience configuring IP based products (IP Address, DNS, VPN)
- Knowledge of cabling including: Fiber Optics and Cat5e
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Command Prompt and the capacity to learn manufacturer specific software.
- Previous training on IP Camera Systems and Access Control Systems.
- Ability to read schematics and possess an understanding of relay logic.
- Ability to travel to project locations
- Honeywell, Vanderbuilt, Pelco, Digital Watchdog, and other card access and IP video-based system experience.
- Familiarity with NVR s and analytics.
- Familiarity with electric lock hardware installation.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver s License.
- Diagnoses and repairs physical security systems at the customer location in an efficient and timely manner with the objective of restoring systems to full functionality.
- Performs preventative maintenance as required by service and maintenance contract.
- Troubleshoots issues remotely utilizing provided software and an internet connection.
- Travels to customer locations through Florida and Georgia on a continuous day to day basis.
- Works independently to research and resolve issues with equipment.
- Performs special projects and other duties assigned.
- Assists with other technical support issues, as needed.
- License: Valid state driver’s license as required by job conditions or by the company.
- Certification: Post-Secondary Certificate preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related position/field
- Knowledge, skills or experience in CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems
- Job requires working in various weather elements; heat, cold, rain, or snow, depending on job location and time of year.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him at all times.
- Work from all types of ladders and be able to transport/relocate ladders unassisted.
- Employee s personal weight with tools cannot exceed the rated weight capacity of ladders used.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial work platforms, cat walks and other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted or confined areas such as Network closets and crawl spaces.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment as required
- Must be able to regularly work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required. Night shifts, weekends, and out-of-town work may be required.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Comprehension of construction drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Must have the ability to safely use required power tools.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate two handed tools as required. Cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, etc.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers. Completing overhead work for full day assignments.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental ,Vision Plans, PTO, Holiday Pay and more
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Apprenticeship Programs and Workforce Development Opportunities
- Employee corporate discounts and Tool Purchase Programs
Ace Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Technologies, LLC provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Technologies abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.
Location: Macon, GA
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:33:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!