York Health Economics Consortium (YHEC) is looking to recruit an Information Specialist to work on a range of literature-based research and consultancy projects. We are a health economics research and consulting company owned by, and based at, the University of York. We provide consultancy and research to a wide range of public and private sector bodies.
The range of work undertaken by Information Specialists at YHEC is wide and will involve providing input to all work streams within the company. Much of the Information Specialists’ work takes place within the Review and Information Services (RIS) team which produces reviews for a range of clients, including pharmaceutical companies, MedTech developers and public sector organisations. These reviews support a number of different needs, including health technology assessment submissions, internal company assessments and scoping reviews for new areas of research. Information Specialists also provide search support for clients conducting their own reviews who require bespoke search expertise. Support is also provided to the Health Economic Modelling (HEM) team and the NHS and Public Sector team. The HEM team undertakes research to quantify the cost-effectiveness of a range of health technologies. The NHS and Public Sector team provide services such as economic evaluation/modelling, evidence review and analytical support.
The post holder will develop and carry out high quality literature searches as part of a wider project team looking at health economics and clinical effectiveness evidence. This will involve:
- Good technical knowledge of search methodology and standards
- Communication – negotiation, explanation and discussion within a project team context to ensure the search strategies developed by the Information Specialist answer the research questions and are appropriate to both the project budget and the project methodology.
- Attention to detail – producing high quality work at pace and within budget
- Cooperative working as an integral part of a project team
The post will suit an experienced information specialist, or alternatively an information professional with some experience of undertaking structured literature searches who would like to develop their career further in this area.
The post holder will be supported by Senior Information Specialists.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Independently develop and undertake high quality systematic literature searches. Support and guidance will be given by senior colleagues for more complex search tasks.
- Negotiate, explain and discuss the feasibility of searches within a project team context to ensure the search strategies answer the research questions and are appropriate to the project budget and the project methodology.
- Communicate technical information around searching issues to non-specialists.
- Write up the search results for reports according to best practice standards for search reporting.
- Client liaison within a project, with the support and guidance of senior colleagues.
- Contribute to the development of proposals for research projects through applications to public/private research funding bodies.
- Contribute to research publications, including information retrieval research
- Assist with the development of internal procedures to ensure consistency across the Information Specialist team
- Keep professional knowledge and expertise up to date by maintaining awareness of relevant information retrieval research and information resources.
- Where applicable, provide internal guidance and support to colleagues on search related issues.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 15th October 2021.
For further particulars and to apply please click on the apply button above