Contact details: Albert Chan, email@example.com
Location: Waterloo Campus
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and proactive information security expert who can talk in ‘business terms’ to a wide range of stakeholders with a range of understanding of the technical aspects of information security and risk management.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as the university’s subject matter expert on all aspects of information security governance, risk and compliance, supporting the definition of strategies, policies, processes and guidelines for how King’s operates and manages information security controls across its networks, systems and data.
- Work closely with senior managers and the Head of Cyber Security to drive forward the information security culture and deliver the objectives outlined in the university’s Information Security Strategy.
- Serve as a bridge between end-users of the university’s security processes (primarily professional services and academic colleagues) and technical aspects of information security. As such, the role holder will work closely with IT colleagues responsible for fulfilling all technical security requirements, including but not limited to IT Assurance and the cyber security team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to keep improving the security of the university’s information assets and to ensure that the associated processes are best in class. As this is a new role, the successful candidate will have a broad mandate to further develop and improve the existing information security framework, policies, procedures and guidance.
- Report to the Assistant Director of Business Assurance (Information Compliance) who is also the university’s Data Protection Officer. The role holder will collaborate with colleagues across Business Assurance who have responsibility for information compliance, data governance, records management and internal audit.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.