Start date: November 2021
Location: Teesside University International Study Centre
At Study Group we’re very excited about the forthcoming launch of our International Study Centre at Teesside University. Teesside has a vision to be a leading University with an international reputation for academic excellence that provides an outstanding student and learning experience.
The Head of Computing & Engineering will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes; quality assurance and enhancement that is commended by the QAA; and curriculum innovation which embeds strong collaborative working with both the University and the network. You will be responsible for leading and supporting our academic team. Reporting to the Assistant Director Curriculum and Progression, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside of the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University.
- Communicate our vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve the aspirational targets for student outcomes.
- Contribute to planning and development including human resources; academic development; learning, teaching and assessment; and academic quality assurance and enhancement, as part of the Centre Management Team (CMT).
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant University partnership Boards and Committees, work with University colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the deliberative and management structures.
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and co-ordination of staff resources across the all-academic and progression support teams in the Centre, working closely with the other Heads of Subject and Assistant Director Curriculum and Progression.
- Taking responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director for Student Experience and their function heads to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are delivered effectively, staff are recruited compliantly, and Student Experience and Academic staff work together as one team.
- Contribute to delivering the curriculum effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the other Heads of Subject and ELTC staff to ensure that appropriate, current and relevant subject, academic skills and language development are integrated and embedded in the programme, aligned with the partnership articulation.
- Build relationships within the organisation and beyond to offices, agents, and sponsors. Develop close and effective working relations with key partners within the Teesside University, including Department and School Link Tutors.
- A Bachelors degree and a post-graduate qualification in either Computing, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
- Experience of HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process.
- A sound understanding of UK higher education and experience.
- A working knowledge of international admissions activity in UK Higher Education.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.