Hours: Part time, fixed term 2021-2022 (hours to be agreed, with possibility of extension)
Contractual hours: 0
About the role
Bath School of Art, Film & Media is seeking experts in Film & Media Theory and Production with good organisational skills and a commitment to innovative teaching and learning in Film & Media. You will join a team of academics to deliver, coordinate and evolve our courses in Film & Media. We are looking for theorists/practitioners/academics who are exceptionally motivated with some experience in filmmaking/ media production/ studio based teaching and learning.
About you (requirements)
- Higher degree in Film/Media and/or recent teaching experience in Higher Education and/or relevant professional experience
- Exhibition / publication / screening in this area
. Experience of developing approaches to studio practice & theory, combining critical thinking and making
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of academic course delivery
. A commitment to diversity and equality
- Experience and knowledge of innovative approaches to professional development and an interest in the role of the media artist / filmmaker in society
- Knowledge of contemporary and historical practice and/or theory in Film & Media
- An excellent teacher with demonstrable interest in Film & Media pedagogy
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- A willingness to lead on the evolution of the course.
At Bath Spa University we work with one clear vision: to be a leading university in creativity, culture and enterprise. Based in a World Heritage city in the UK, we’re connected to a vast network of international partners ensuring that our students are socially engaged global citizens. By blending digital technologies, international perspectives and work-orientated connections with our inspirational teaching, we’re set to transform the lives of our students every day. And we need great, inspirational people, people like you, to join us and pave the way.
Informal interviews will be held during the week of 4/10/21 and 11/10/21.
How to apply
For further information or to apply on-line please visit Bath Spa University jobs page . Please note that CVs will not be considered and those included with application forms will be removed. Any queries regarding the application process or our website should be emailed to email@example.com.
We offer excellent facilities and benefits to our staff. These include a nursery, pension scheme, flexible working practices, an employee assistance programme, and family-friendly policies
Please note this role is not eligible for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route.
If you are a Bath Spa Graduate, you can still access Bath Spa Careers resources. Services include support with job applications and interview techniques. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01225 875525.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.