Job title: Embassy Summer 2024 USA ESL Teachers LA, Boston, NY & Toronto
Company: Embassy Summer
Job description: Join our winning team of global superstars in summer 2024
Embassy Summer, under its parent company EC English, offers award winning summer vacation programmes for young people across multiple locations in the UK, USA, Canada, Malta, UAE & South Africa. Students learn either English or French whilst immersing themselves in the local culture and surroundings. Our programmes are a combination of language classes, exciting excursions and fun-filled sporting, creative and social activities.
From its humble beginnings in Hastings over four decades ago, Embassy Summer has today evolved in to a globally recognised and trusted brand. Our vision is to help our students succeed in a global community. We love bringing our young learners from around the world together through a common language and building global connections.
Successful teachers exemplify leadership, effective communication, social skills, flexibility, positive energy, and a keen sensitivity to the needs of international students. Overseas teaching experience and proficiency in a foreign language are desirable qualities. Our institution is accredited by ACCET and approved by SEVIS, offering competitive compensation and a dynamic summer environment working with international students.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with students from around the world. This position is available at one of our summer campuses in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Montreal, or Toronto. For more information about each location, please visit embassysummer.com.
Ensure that students derive the maximum benefit from the academic program. This involves equipping students with the essential skills to become proficient in English, encompassing grammar, reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
The full-time work week comprises morning, afternoon, and/or evening shifts, with at least one full day off each week. Shifts may vary with split hours in the morning and evenings.
Full-time work entails 35-40 hours per week, 8 hours per day. You will also be compensated for any overtime hours worked at the applicable overtime rate(s) as required by law.
A flexible approach to the position is required, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
– Plan and deliver ESL lessons to young adults and children as young as 8 years old, catering to a summer school environment, spanning from Beginner to Advanced levels (average ages are 14-17).
– Maintain proper levels of student discipline, welfare, and safety throughout the program’s duration.
– Assist the Center Academic Manager in the testing and placement of new students in classes.
– Ensure timely submission of daily attendance reports, progress reports, and end-of-course reports to the Center Academic Manager.
– Actively participate in all relevant staff meetings.
– Ensure that classes begin and end as scheduled, with proper preparation for each teaching session.
– Complete end-of-course reports and certificates for all students.
– Submit detailed lesson plans to the Center Academic Manager no less than one week prior to the start of a new arrival week.
Qualifications & Training:
– A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three months of full-time equivalent ESL or foreign language classroom teaching experience.
– A bachelor’s degree along with a certificate in teaching ESL or a foreign language that includes a practice teaching component.
– Native fluency in English.
– Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
– Valid First Aid and/or CPR certificate (Desirable).
– Experience with continuous enrollment courses and weekly intakes (Desirable).
Camp dates typically run from mid-June to mid-August. Please refer to embassysummer.com for exact timelines. Mandatory paid training days will be clarified during the hiring process. We look forward to welcoming you to the Embassy Summer team!
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 00:30:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!