Job title: Embassy Summer – 2024 In Person Interview Feb 12th ESL Teacher & Activity Leaders
Company: Embassy Summer
Job description: Join our winning team of global superstars in summer 2024
Interviewing at LIU University on Monday February 12th at 11:00 and 1:00. Located at 1 University Plaza in Brooklyn, (Flatbush Ave across from Target). We are interviewing in the Cyber Cafe on the LIU Campus. Please email suzannesills@ecenglish for details. Hiring Certified ESL Teachers, Activity Leaders and Academic Manager. This is a NON RESIDEMTIAL position for teachers and Activity Leaders.
Embassy Summer, under its parent company EC English, offers award winning summer vacation programmes for young people across multiple locations in the UK, USA, Canada, Malta, UAE & South Africa. Students learn either English or French whilst immersing themselves in the local culture and surroundings. Our programmes are a combination of language classes, exciting excursions and fun-filled sporting, creative and social activities.
From its humble beginnings in Hastings over four decades ago, Embassy Summer has today evolved in to a globally recognised and trusted brand. Our vision is to help our students succeed in a global community. We love bringing our young learners from around the world together through a common language and building global connections.
Successful ESL Teachers Activity Leaders exemplify leadership, effective communication, social skills, flexibility, positive energy, and a keen sensitivity to the needs of international students.
Activity Leaders lead our students on all off-campus and on-campus activities to ensure their well-being and enjoyment.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with students from around the world. This position is available at one of our summer campuses in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Montreal, or Toronto. For more information about each location, please visit embassysummer.com.
Lead and supervise course participants during off-site and on-campus activities and trips, meal times, and bed times at the center. This role involves significant walking on guided tours, the transport of sports equipment from the center to sports fields, and setting up furniture for indoor activities.
The full-time work week comprises morning, afternoon, and/or evening shifts, with at least one full day off each week. Shifts may vary with split hours in the morning and evenings.
ESL Teachers and Activity Leaders: Up to Full-time work entails 18–40 hours per week, up to 8 hours per day. You will also be compensated for any overtime hours worked at the applicable overtime rate(s) as required by law.
Academic Manger is 6 days a week up to 65 hours each week and is paid salary and will have room and board included.
A flexible approach to the position is required, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
– Ensure customer satisfaction through the leadership and supervision of on-site and off-campus activities.
– Clearly and positively explain activities to students and group leaders, keeping them well-informed.
– Be ready to lead and participate in activities and trips in a manner akin to a tour guide.
– Thoroughly plan and prepare for all activities and trips, ensuring they start and finish on time, and provide clear instructions regarding meeting points and times.
– Enthusiastically and effectively guide students on sightseeing trips and city tours.
– Maintain appropriate levels of student discipline, welfare, and safety during activities.
– Promptly report any problems or incidents to the Activity Manager and/or the Center Manager during an activity or excursion.
– Fulfill on-site responsibilities, including meal and bed-time supervision, guardian duties, weekend check-ins and check-outs, and linen exchange as per a rotation schedule.
– Assist with airport greetings, including supporting center management staff in meeting incoming groups or sending departing groups to the airport.
Qualifications & Training:
– High School Graduate or G.E.D equivalent.
– 1 year of experience working with or supervising minors (in a summer school or language camp setting).
– Strong communication and organizational skills.
– Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, patience, and flexibility.
– Team player.
– First aid or CPR certificate (Desirable).
– Lifeguard and / or coaching qualification (Desirable).
– Knowledge of the local area (Desirable).
– Knowledge of multiple languages (Desirable).
Camp dates typically run from mid-June to mid-August. Please refer to embassysummer.com for exact timelines. Mandatory paid training days will be clarified during the hiring process. We look forward to welcoming you to the Embassy Summer team!
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 06:22:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!