Job title: Embassy Summer 2024 Activity Manager USA-Boston, LA & Toronto Canada
Company: Embassy Summer
Job description: Join our winning team of global superstars in summer 2024
Embassy Summer, under its parent company EC English, offers award winning summer vacation programmes for young people across multiple locations in the UK, USA, Canada, Malta, UAE & South Africa. Students learn either English or French whilst immersing themselves in the local culture and surroundings. Our programmes are a combination of language classes, exciting excursions and fun-filled sporting, creative and social activities.
From its humble beginnings in Hastings over four decades ago, Embassy Summer has today evolved in to a globally recognised and trusted brand. Our vision is to help our students succeed in a global community. We love bringing our young learners from around the world together through a common language and building global connections.
Activity Managers (AMs) oversee a team of Activity Leaders (ALs) and are responsible for coordinating all extracurricular activities in our ESL international summer school programs. Successful AMs collaborate closely with students, ALs, Group Leaders, and the Center Manager to ensure the safety, organization, and enjoyment of all students.
The Activity Manager supervises the activities department and manages the team of Activity Leaders to ensure that all activities and excursions are well-planned, adequately staffed, and equipped for operation. They ensure that ALs are fully briefed on their roles for each event.
This is a residential position with room and board accommodation provided. The position is available at one of our summer campuses in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Montreal, or Toronto. For more information about each location, please visit embassysummer.com.
A flexible approach to the position is required, including the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
– Ensure the seamless planning, organization, and operation of day-to-day activities and excursions to deliver a high-quality and engaging activities program.
– Manage and motivate a team of activity staff to foster a positive working environment.
– Establish and maintain positive working relationships with conference staff, service providers, transportation companies, excursion sites, and entertainment venues.
– Oversee, plan, and promote a comprehensive on-site activity and off-site excursion program.
– Collaborate with the Center Manager to develop a staff rotation schedule that ensures adequate staffing levels are met.
– Provide training and briefings for activity staff regarding all activities and excursions.
– Offer support and guidance to staff on activities through regular observations and feedback.
– Manage the required financial and administrative paperwork for the activities program.
– Ensure activities schedules are clearly displayed and actively promoted.
– Assist the Center Academic Manager in coordinating student arrivals and departures.
– Maintain appropriate levels of student discipline, welfare, and safety during activities and around the residence area during non-activity program hours.
– Participate in a 24-hour emergency on-call rotation schedule in collaboration with the Center Manager.
– Ensure that ALs with on-site residential responsibilities fulfill residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision and guardian duties.
– Review all activity leader timesheets.
– Appropriately price and promote optional excursions.
– Lead and participate in regular meetings with Group Leaders.
Qualifications & Training:
– Bachelor’s Degree.
– Experience working with or supervising minors.
– Previous experience in a summer school or summer camp environment.
– Ability to effectively manage, lead, and inspire a team of staff to work cohesively in a dynamic and fast-paced role.
– Knowledge of the local area and experience leading activities or excursions in the area.
– Strong communication skills and effective leadership abilities.
– Proven organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes in a high-pressure environment.
– Excellent time management, organizational, and multitasking skills.
– Demonstrates enthusiasm, diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
– Proficiency with computers and Word and Excel programs.
– Experience with budget management.
– Valid First Aid and/or CPR Certificate (Desirable).
– Lifeguard and/or other coaching qualifications (Desirable).
Camp dates typically run from mid-June to mid-August. For exact timelines, please refer to embassysummer.com. Mandatory paid training days will be clarified during the hiring process. We eagerly anticipate welcoming you to the Embassy Summer team!
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 02:21:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!