Job title: Regional General Manager- N. America/UK/Ireland
Company: Etihad Airways
Job description: Synopsis
Now is the time to join Etihad…with a clear vision and exciting strategic plans in place, we are continuing to drive excellence through great talent.
Our Sales & Distribution under new leadership has never been a more dynamic environment to be part of; with a direction of progressiveness, purpose, achievable ambition, and growth for the airline. With big plans to achieve by 2030, we have a clear vision and plan to ensure we not just deliver but exceed our bold goals.
As we transform our Sales & Distribution strategy to ensure it is fit for sustainable success, we are looking for an effective leader to define our overall commercial approach and growth plans for the N America, UK & Ireland region, optimising the sales strategy and leading a sale force to ensure sales targets & all commercial KPIs are met in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure the overall Etihad objectives are reached and exceeded.
We’re looking for confident, thought provoking, highly driven leaders to join us in the fun (and hard work) to bring these plans to life.
- Define, execute and monitor the implementation of short and long-term sales plans to ensure alignment with Etihad’s overall strategy.
- Innovate and lead strategic initiatives to ensure sales targets are met according to plan, schedule, and commercial investments budget.
- Direct and prioritize the selling activities within the Region, inclusive of resource deployment, channel strategy and customer interactions, to ensure sales targets are reached in accordance with corporate objectives using effective data led, insight driven performance management.
- Champion continuous improvement, standardization of all aligned regional processes and monitor the cascading of sales guidelines across the markets to ensure a consistent approach in dealing with customers and intermediaries to be drive regional productivity.
- Define, evaluate and lead the implementation of appropriate new sales techniques and allocation of resources across the region to increase the local revenue and profitability, acting as a thought leader on sales professionalism.
- Review and highlight with proposed solutions major risks & issues impacting sales results to the senior team and other stakeholders to ensure they are timely and properly addressed.
- Lead and inspire direct reports, and through coaching provide formal/informal feedback to managerial team to ensure the development of their leadership and professional skills whilst effectively communicating and setting the wider vision for the regional teams.
- Using a data first approach continuously review and monitor sales reports and other business intelligence to ensure timely identification of potential risks and adoption of corrective actions .
- Review, approve and monitor the cascading of dealing instruments and schemes, objectives and targets to ensure effective recognition and reward of sales objectives.
- Leverage connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers in customers, stakeholders and industry bodies.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business or relevant Commercial & analytical work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the aviation industry, with a minimum of 5 years in a Senior role, proficient in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse team of people across multiple countries
- Ability to execute and deliver against business goals consistently driving profitability and contribution to revenue achievement.
- Ability to innovate and participate in an environment that encourages creativity.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit
Location: New York
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:54:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!