Labor Economists for Evaluations of U.S. Division of Labor Tasks U.S. and Worldwide
Job title: Labor Economists for Evaluations of U.S. Division of Labor Tasks U.S. and Worldwide
Firm: Tetra Tech
Job description: Administration Techniques Worldwide (MSI), a Tetra Tech Firm, is a Washington, D.C. metro space administration consultancy with a 40-year historical past of delivering outcomes for our purchasers. Our experience is within the fields of monitoring and analysis; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of regulation and accountability; training; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and management and organizational improvement. MSI has carried out initiatives in 90 international locations world wide corresponding to Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We help purchasers starting from the U.S. Authorities (e.g., the U.S. Company for Worldwide Growth, U.S. Division of Protection, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Problem Company) to massive bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Financial institution and the United Nations Growth Program). We additionally work with nationwide and native governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), assume tanks, foundations and universities. For extra data, please go to our web site at .
MSI holds and can be contemplating bidding on plenty of contracts with the U.S. Division of Labor (DOL) to guage DOL initiatives within the U.S. in addition to internationally. These evaluations could look at DOL initiatives and subjects overlaying the vary of DOL businesses, with a selected focus seemingly on employee safety and enforcement businesses and subjects. Evaluations and different analysis actions to be performed below these mechanisms could embody:
- Massive-scale, rigorous evaluations (e.g., randomized management trials or quasi-experimental designs) on subjects associated to any DOL company;
- Statistical, computational, and econometric analyses of administrative and large knowledge, and associated evaluation help actions, to assist DOL businesses perceive particular labor-related questions;
- Design, testing, fielding, and evaluation of digital surveys; and
- Different analysis and econometric analysis, corresponding to academic-quality literature critiques, syntheses and knowledge analyses on labor-related subjects.
MSI is in search of senior- and mid-level consultants with experience in economics and/or labor subjects who might function Principal Investigators, Senior Analysts, Researchers, or Topic Matter Specialists for the kinds of evaluations of DOL initiatives summarized above. candidates ought to have particular material experience in related labor subjects by which DOL works in addition to expertise main or serving on analysis groups, notably these primarily based on rigorous analysis designs.
- Function group chief and/or material professional on analysis groups analyzing DOL initiatives and actions.
- Lead and/or contribute to the design of rigorous evaluations and different analysis actions for DOL initiatives, guaranteeing they meet excessive methodological requirements for proof. That is anticipated to incorporate the event of information assortment protocols and devices, evaluation plans, sampling approaches, and work plans.
- Lead the implementation of analysis knowledge assortment actions, overseeing group members to make sure adherence to design requirements, protocols, and high quality requirements.
- Clear and analyze quantitative and qualitative knowledge collected for the evaluations.
- Lead and/or advise groups in conducting superior, complicated quantitative knowledge evaluation of huge datasets and tendencies, using econometric and/or different statistical strategies, together with simulation; creating knowledge visuals; creating, modeling, programing, and fielding on-line surveys; and conducting interviews and focus teams.
- Conduct analysis and evaluation on points associated to DOL businesses and initiatives, corresponding to employee safety, labor requirements, incapacity and employment, employment and coaching, reentry, and employee go away.
- Lead or contribute to the manufacturing of visually interesting, user-friendly tables, graphics, and maps for analysis/analysis experiences.
- Grasp’s diploma in economics or associated discipline required; PhD strongly most well-liked.
- Minimal of 5 (5) years of expertise required working in a number of DOL matter areas.
- Minimal of 5 (5) years of expertise required making use of financial and/or labor experience to evaluations or comparable analysis actions within the U.S. or abroad.
- Minimal of two (two) years of expertise main or supervision analysis/analysis groups, strongly most well-liked.
- Expertise working with DOL or comparable businesses, strongly most well-liked.
- Demonstrated expertise designing and implementing rigorous (e.g., experimental or quasi-experimental) evaluations or comparable analysis actions, strongly most well-liked.
- Expertise designing and implementing family or firm-level surveys, strongly most well-liked.
- Confirmed expertise and facility with empirical financial analysis–ideally of huge knowledge sets–including exploratory knowledge evaluation and causal modeling, strongly most well-liked.
- Wonderful oral and written presentation expertise, together with main the writing of technical experiences on complicated subjects for various audiences, required.
- Demonstrated means to function in a group setting and successfully oversee the work of different group members, required.
- Experience in statistical software program packages (e.g., Stata, R) and/or different programming languages (corresponding to Python) to conduct econometric modeling and statistical evaluation, strongly most well-liked.
- Superior information of Microsoft Workplace (Excel, Phrase, PowerPoint), strongly most well-liked.
At MSI Tetra Tech, well being and security play an important position in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s workers work collectively to adjust to all relevant well being & security practices and protocols, together with well being orders and rules associated to COVID-19 which are mandated by native, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal alternative employer that values variety and inclusion. We attempt to develop and keep a tradition that honors the views and identities of our workers, our communities and people impacted by our work.
We don’t discriminate on the idea of any protected attribute, together with race, faith, coloration, nationwide origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, gender expression, age, marital or veteran standing, being pregnant or incapacity, or another foundation protected below relevant regulation. In accordance with relevant regulation, we make cheap lodging for candidates’ and workers’ spiritual practices and beliefs, in addition to any psychological well being or bodily incapacity wants.
MSI is an Equal Alternative Employer/Affirmative Motion/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is devoted to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you need to request cheap lodging in the course of the utility course of, Our recruitment group seems to be ahead to partaking in an interactive course of to supply cheap lodging for candidates.
Solely candidates who’ve been chosen for an interview might be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
- Group: 216 MSI
Location: Arlington, VA
Job date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 02:37:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!